This is our rig. With the arrival of a 3rd bub, the trusty X-trail just wasn’t going to cut it anymore, so we had to upgrade. She started off a year ago as a fairly standard 2008 120 Series D4D Prado, purchased in 2013. She’s currently unamed, so any suggestions welcome!
She’s never going to be a hard core off-roader but a good comfortable family touring wagon. I ummed and aaahed about which trucks for a while, but this seemed to fit the bill. She’s very comfortable and with a 180 litre fuel tank just eats up the distances. I’ve driven Sydney to Dubbo return on the same tank. Just got to close the eyes when we fill up at the pump.
She came from a family that had used her to tow a camper trailer so was kitted out with a factory bullbar, towbar, roofracks, rear polyair springs, a second battery and extra powerpoints courtesy of Opposite Lock. Since we’ve owned her, we’ve added a bit more bling. Namely:
- EvaKool 55 litre fridge
- Beefed up Transfer case guard
- Custom Radiator guard from AMTS4x4 (to close the space between the Toyota Bullbar and radiator. I was really worried about stones and sticks poking up through the radiator)
- Bushranger Driving lights
- GME TX3100 UHF w/ AE4018K Antennae
- Safari Snorkel
- Piranha Front and rear diff breathers
- Caddy storage Rear cargo barrier
- Rhino Medium Roof cage
- Oztrail 2.5m Roof Awning
- TraxRax roof rack mounting brackets for the MaxTrax.
- OME 2″ Lift with Medium Duty springs from ARB St Peters
- Drifta Rear Drawers with Fridge Slide. Fridge slide custom built to take the EvaKool 55 litre fridge
- Recovery Points from AMTS4x4
- Redarc TowPro installed by Glen the 12voltguy at http://www.12voltguy.com.au. Very neat install (it’s the little knob in the right…)
- Swapped the factory interior lights for LED. Not sure about this one yet